A finished quilt top from this stack. I used Amy Butler’s Patchwork Quilt pattern from her book, but didn’t follow it faithfully like I always do with her patterns. The book told you to use muslin as the base for the patchwork and topstitched the layers one by one after you iron a 1/2 in fold for every piece of fabric. I knew I wouldn’t have the patience for that so I just sewed together the blocks and do the topstitching on the unavoidable parts . That turned out to be only two big squares and six little ones, and out of those two big squares, one is very crooked which I have ripped out and stitched again. It still looked crooked to me, but I figure it will be wrinkled anyway after a cycle through the washer and dryer.Next week, I’ll make the backing for this top and all the other tops that I’ve finished and neglected.
I have received my Backtack package from Alice, but no pictures because the winter light is so bad and the brownies are almost gone. So you can see the lovely photos of what I got here. And Alice, the bag is getting a lot of use and the trees are planted in front of the tv, which is a very important place since we are heavy tv watchers. Thank you so much!